A town set on a hill and dominated by a feudal castle first built in the 10th century – it is still possible to see the chapel, outer walls and round towers from this period. As with many castles in this area, it was added to over the following 300 years and from the top of this part of the castle you get fantastic views of the Dordogne valley. Open daily (closed for lunch) from May to September. Tel: +33 5 45 64 71 58
Also worth a look are the 300-year old market halls of this town that are some of the loveliest – and oldest – in this part of the world. Built in 1665, the oak roof rests on stone columns and the flagstones of the sloping floor have been trodden on for many centuries. Market day is on Saturday, with stalls selling local produce including honey, bread and oysters.
Office de Tourisme du Pays Horte et Tardoire (OTPHT)
Tel: +33 5 45 64 71 58
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com